Literally, chemotherapy means treatment with medication. This treatment is a term mostly used to refer to drugs used to treat cancer cells. In cancer treatment, chemotherapy can be used alone or to complement other treatments. Chemotherapy treatment can be used for different purposes depending on the type of cancer and the patient’s condition. It can be used for conditions such as treating cancer, controlling cancer to slow its spread and growth, relieving and eliminating pain and similar symptoms caused by cancer. In order to prevent the side effects of chemotherapy, which is used to kill rapidly growing cells in the body, a drug treatment is also applied to ensure that the patient goes through the process comfortably.
The Cost of Chemotherapy Treatment
Chemotherapy treatment has some expensive medication in terms of cost. In this respect, it is important to continue the process with the same doctor in order to predict the course of the process and the developments in the past in terms of not being intense during the treatment. Using expensive drugs does not necessarily mean a better treatment. Since the drugs used in the treatment are used according to the situation and development of the patient, the cost issue is directly proportional to this situation. During the treatment period, drugs used to relieve pain and other discomfort caused by chemotherapy are cost effective, while drugs used for chemotherapy are more expensive. In this context, applying the correct treatment steps for the type and spread of cancer is essential to prevent extra costs. In order to avoid this situation, it is very important to start this treatment with the help of experts.
Chemotherapy Treatment for Breast Cancer
Chemotherapy is a treatment used to support surgical treatment in most patients. The decision to perform chemotherapy in breast cancer is made as a result of the examination of the tumor removed as a result of the surgical operation. This is a treatment aimed at preventing cancer from spreading. Chemotherapy treatment is applied for a while as a precaution, even if the cancer is completely over, to prevent it from happening again. In addition, it is applied to reduce the size of the existing tumor and to make it suitable for surgical application. Chemotherapy drugs administered orally or intravenously spread throughout the body and are generally more effective, so more than one drug can be given at the same time.
Cancer Treatment Alternatives
Cancer is one of the most dangerous and deadly diseases to date for which no definitive cure or solution has been found. There are many different treatment options for the destruction, neutralization or slowing of cancer cells in the body during the cancer treatment process. In addition to the current cancer treatment options, studies on new solutions and treatments are still ongoing.
Treatment Alternatives Used According to the Type and Tevelopment of Tancer
- Chemotherapy Treatment: Chemotherapy may be used to treat a number of different types of cancer. It is a drug that is used in patients to kill cancer cells in the body. Chemotherapy affects the whole body and the cells, as it can spread throughout the body as well as to cancerous areas of the body.
- Radiotherapy Treatment: In this procedure, high levels of radiation are applied to cancer cells and tumors in the body, and the goal is to destroy or shrink cancer cells and tumors. Radiation therapy also affects other cells as well as the area of cancer, but its effects are much lower compared to chemotherapy.
- Target Cell Tratment: One of the main objectives of this treatment is to prevent damage to other cells and organs caused by drugs and radiation during the fight against cancer. Treatment is directed to cancer cells in a specific region.
- Immunotherapy: The objective of immunotherapy is to strengthen the immune system by detecting cancerous regions and cells so that patients can fight cancer better and stronger.
- Hormonotherapy: Hormone therapy is applied to individuals with prostate and breast cancer who are unable to undergo treatments such as radiation or surgery. The objective of this treatment is to minimize the pain and the effects of cancer.
Complementary and Supportive Cancer Treatments in Alternative Medicine
It is observed that some alternative medicine practices within the supervision and approval of doctors have positive effects on the treatment of cancer disease. However, this type of treatment must be approved by a specialist doctor before being applied. This type of treatment methods applied unconsciously can seriously endanger health. Some of these treatments are as follows:
- Ozone Therapy
- Reflexology, etc.